Stanford OL Martin enters NFL draftJan 4, 2012 - 6:31 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Stanford offensive lineman Jonathan "Moose" Martin has elected to enter the upcoming NFL draft.
Martin made the announcement through his Twitter account on Tuesday.
"I have decided to forgo my final year of eligibility and enter the NFL draft. Thank you everyone who has loved and supported me."
Regarded as a potential top-10 pick, the 6-foot-6, 304-pound California native worked on a line that blocked for Heisman Trophy finalist Andrew Luck, who is likely to go with the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NFL draft.
Martin was a finalist this season for the Lombardi Award, which goes to the nation's top lineman, but lost out to Boston College's Luke Kuechly.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Stanford routs ASU to win 2nd straight Pac-12 title Sun
- Pac-12 crown on the line as Stanford meets Arizona State Dec 4
- Gaffney, Stanford run past Notre Dame Dec 1
- Top 25 foes collide as Irish take on Cardinal Nov 27
- Stanford routs Cal, clinches Pac-12 North crown Nov 23
- Stanford seeks turnaround in clash with rival California Nov 20
- Trojans use late FG to upend Stanford Nov 17
- Gaffney, Cardinal take down Ducks Nov 8
- Ducks battle Cardinal in key Pac-12 affair Nov 6
- Stanford DE Gardner's season over Oct 29
- Gaffney, Stanford hold off Oregon State Oct 27
- Whitfield's catch sparks Stanford past No. 9 UCLA Oct 19