BC linebacker Kuechly declares for NFL DraftJan 7, 2012 - 12:34 AM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly, who led the nation with 191 tackles this season, will skip his senior year to enter the NFL Draft.
Kuechly made the announcement Friday, saying it will be "tough to end one thing and start another."
"It was a really tough decision," the All-American said. "The biggest thing for me was talking to my family."
Kuechly had 102 solo tackles, which also led the nation, and won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the best defensive player in college football.
He also claimed the Dick Butkus Award honoring the nation's top linebacker and the Lott IMPACT Trophy for his on-field and off-field performance.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 3 Clemson uses late surge to dispatch Boston College Oct 12
- Third-ranked Tigers take on Eagles Oct 9
- Army-Boston College game to go on as planned Oct 3
- Winston's 4 TDs leads FSU over BC Sep 28
- ACC action pits Seminoles against Eagles Sep 25
- NCAA Football Preview - Boston College Eagles Aug 19
- Spaziani let go by Boston College Nov 25
- Notre Dame stays perfect with win over Boston College Nov 11
- No. 4 Irish clash with Eagles Nov 7
- Florida State trounces Boston College behind Manuel's big day Oct 14
- No. 12 Seminoles seek turnaround against Eagles Oct 10
- No. 17 Clemson ousts Boston College Sep 29