Notre Dame gives Kelly two-year extensionJan 10, 2012 - 11:50 PM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Notre Dame has extended the contract of head football coach Brian Kelly by two years, keeping him in South Bend through the 2016 campaign.
The Fighting Irish have gone 8-5 in each of Kelly's first two seasons. Notre Dame is 1-1 in bowl games under Kelly.
"While Coach Kelly and I are focused on the additional work that must be done to reach our goals, I am very pleased with the progress we have made during the past two years." vice president and director of athletics Jack Swarbrick said. "Our football team's performance on the field, in the classroom, and in the community reflect Coach Kelly's commitment to building a program that will be able to sustain success in the long run, and to doing so in a manner consistent with Notre Dame's values and tradition."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- ACC sets schedule for Notre Dame for 2014-2016 seasons Apr 22
- Dr. Phil: Tuiasosopo 'fell deeply, romantically in love' with Te'o Jan 30
- Te'o speaks with ESPN; denies being part of hoax Jan 19
- Notre Dame: Te'o victim of hoax Jan 17
- Notre Dame: Te'o victim of hoax Jan 16
- Notre Dame RB Wood to enter NFL Draft Jan 14
- Kelly to remain at Notre Dame Jan 12
- Report: Kelly interviewed with Eagles Jan 10
- Former Notre Dame lineman Jurkovic dies Jan 9
- Tide Rolls: Alabama clobbers Irish for 2nd straight BCS crown Jan 8
- Lacy captures BCS Championship MVP Jan 8
- Alabama and Notre Dame meet in BCS title tilt Jan 7