Eastern Washington, Sam Houston State set two-year seriesJun 12, 2012 - 5:16 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - They both know Frisco, Texas, pretty well.
In the coming years, they will get to know each other's campus as well.
After appearing separately the last two years in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Game in Frisco, Eastern Washington, the 2010 national champion, and Sam Houston State, the 2011 national runner-up, will square off in a home- and-home series beginning in 2013.
Eastern Washington will travel to Huntsville, Texas, to play Sam Houston State on Sept. 28, 2013. The Bearkats will make a return trip to Cheney, Wash., on Sept. 13, 2014.
The two schools have met once previously. They staged an epic postseason battle at Eastern Washington on Dec. 5, 2004, when Sam Houston State rallied in the fourth quarter for a 35-34 win.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Sam Houston State hires DC from McNeese State May 15
- Report: Sam Houston State to hire McNeese State DC May 8
- Former UCLA safety transfers to Eastern Washington Apr 9
- Sam Houston State sets 2013 schedule, seeks one more game Mar 4
- Eastern Washington to face tough schedule Jan 31
- Eastern Washington's Kaufman to enter NFL draft Jan 9
- FCS championship rematch about the run games, defenses Jan 2
- Five-a-Side: Sam Houston State's Brian Bell Dec 28
- In the FCS Huddle: Same schools, but different teams Dec 27
- Utah State may consider Eastern Washington's Baldwin Dec 19
- Sam Houston State holds off EWU to return to title game Dec 15
- Sam Houston, Eastern Washington revving the offenses Dec 12