Eastern Washington, Sam Houston State set two-year seriesJun 12, 2012 - 5:16 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - They both know Frisco, Texas, pretty well.
In the coming years, they will get to know each other's campus as well.
After appearing separately the last two years in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Game in Frisco, Eastern Washington, the 2010 national champion, and Sam Houston State, the 2011 national runner-up, will square off in a home- and-home series beginning in 2013.
Eastern Washington will travel to Huntsville, Texas, to play Sam Houston State on Sept. 28, 2013. The Bearkats will make a return trip to Cheney, Wash., on Sept. 13, 2014.
The two schools have met once previously. They staged an epic postseason battle at Eastern Washington on Dec. 5, 2004, when Sam Houston State rallied in the fourth quarter for a 35-34 win.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- FCS Quarterfinal: Soaring Eagles host surging Jacksonville St. Wed
- Bennett rallies Southeastern Louisiana to playoff win Sun
- Adams' five TD passes power Eastern Washington Sat
- FCS Second Round: Sam Houston takes another shot at SELU Dec 4
- FCS Second Round: South Dakota State, EWU rev up potent offenses Dec 4
- Sam Houston knocks out Southern Utah Nov 30
- Sam Houston State, Flanders run past Eastern Washington Sep 28
- Manziel starts, Texas A&M rolls past Sam Houston State Sep 8
- Sam Houston State can't slow Manziel, Texas A&M Sep 7
- Bearkats come calling on seventh-ranked Aggies Sep 4
- Eastern Washington pulls off upset over No. 25 Oregon State Aug 31
- Adams lifts Eastern Washington to upset of Oregon State Aug 31