Oops, NCAA sends championship banner to wrong schoolJun 14, 2012 - 8:59 PM (Sports Network) - It was an honest mistake.
But a funny one, at that.
The Grand Forks (N.D.) Herald reported Wednesday that the NCAA sent the 2011 NCAA Division I football championship banner to the wrong North Dakota university.
On Wednesday, the banner arrived in the University of North Dakota's athletic department when it was supposed to be mailed to North Dakota State, which won the title by beating Sam Houston State, 17-6, on Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.
"I'll call (NDSU athletic director) Gene Taylor and tell him it's here," North Dakota athletic director Brian Faison told the Herald.
A letter accompanied the banner:
"Dear Mr. Faison:
Enclosed find your 2011 championship banner that hung in the NCAA Hall of Champions. I hope your team, faculty, staff and students can now enjoy it as much as our visitors did.
The letter was signed by Kelly Dodds, the assistant director of the Hall of Champions and Conference Center."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Felony charge dropped against NDSU star linebacker Fri
- North Dakota to visit Huskies in 2018 Jun 11
- NDSU suspends linebacker after arrest Jun 11
- Fittingly, defense wins NDSU spring game Apr 27
- North Dakota tabs Schleusner new offensive coordinator Apr 5
- North Dakota's Breitbach becomes head coach at Millersville Apr 4
- North Dakota promotes Kotelnicki to defensive coordinator Feb 22
- Montana State buys out of game against North Dakota State Feb 18
- North Dakota State adds Delaware State to schedule Feb 15
- North Dakota State-Western Carolina game moved to 2016 Feb 8
- Jacobsen headlines North Dakota State class Feb 6
- North Dakota to play seven home games Feb 4