Georgia RB Crowell arrested, dismissed from teamJun 29, 2012 - 10:06 PM Athens, GA (Sports Network) - Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell was arrested early Friday morning and dismissed from the team later in the day. He faces three charges, two of which are felonies.
According to the Athens-Clarke County website, Crowell was booked into jail at 3:37 a.m. (et) and was being held on $9,500 bond. He was released in the afternoon and was charged with misdemeanor possession of a concealed weapon as well as felonies of carrying a weapon in a school zone and possession of an altered ID.
Crowell was a freshman All-SEC selection last season, rushing for 850 yards with five touchdowns.
"We have a dedicated and committed a group of men who are working hard to prepare for the coming season," remarked Georgia head coach Mark Richt. "Our total focus will be directed toward the team and this effort."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Georgia LB Jones declares for NFL Draft Jan 4
- Murray throws for 5 TDs as Bulldogs bite Cornhuskers Jan 2
- Bulldogs battle Cornhuskers in Capital One Bowl Jan 1
- Georgia to face Nebraska in Capital One Bowl Dec 2
- Alabama wins SEC, clinches berth in BCS title game Dec 2
- Alabama and Georgia duke it out in SEC Championship Game Nov 28
- No. 3 Georgia blasts Georgia Tech in SEC title game tuneup Nov 24
- No. 3 Georgia plays host to rival Georgia Tech Nov 21
- Murray spurs No. 5 Bulldogs to rout of Georgia Southern Nov 17
- No. 5 Georgia entertains FCS foe Georgia Southern Nov 14
- No. 5 Georgia claims SEC East crown with rout of Auburn Nov 11
- Curry to end 20-year coaching career Saturday Nov 9