Mercer names two coordinatorsJul 3, 2012 - 7:16 PM Macon, GA (Sports Network) - Mercer University football coach Bobby Lamb continued to build his program with the naming of his offensive and defensive coordinator.
Mike Kolakowski is the new assistant head coach, defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach, and Casey Vogt the new offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.
Lamb also named Mitch Doolittle the secondary coach and Carter Barfield an offensive assistant.
"We are excited to bring in a coaching staff of this caliber to our program," Lamb said. "We have been working with a skeletal staff for a year now and these additions will allow us to broaden our recruiting territory as well as strengthen our identity as we continue to develop the program."
Mercer will join the FCS level in the non-scholarship Pioneer Football League beginning in 2013.
Kolakowski has over 30 years of coaching experience at three levels of college football (Division I, II and NAIA). He served the last two seasons as the defensive coordinator and secondary coach at Ave Maria University, a startup NAIA program in Florida.
Vogt spent the last five seasons as offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator at Colgate.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Report: Wake Forest to hire Bowling Green's Clawson 10:40p
- Winston, Manziel among Heisman finalists 10:10p
- Southern Utah extends Lamb through 2020 season 8:38p
- Oregon TE Brown suspended for bowl game 5:22p
- McCarron win Unitas Award 4:23p
- Morgan out as Mississippi Valley State football coach 4:22p
- Epperly, Hodges win Bushnell Cup as Ivy players of the year 12:58p
- FSU to play Auburn in BCS title game Mon
- Oregon vs. Texas in Alamo Bowl headlines non-BCS bowl games Sun
- In the FCS Huddle: Bohl stunner changes everything Sun
- Albany set to hire Gattuso as football coach Sun
- Wyoming reportedly to name Bohl football coach Sun