Montana-Appalachian State matchup goes prime timeJul 11, 2012 - 7:42 PM Boone, NC (Sports Network) - The highly anticipated matchup of FCS powers Montana and Appalachian State on Sept. 8 has been given a 6:30 p.m. ET kickoff and will be televised nationally on ESPN GamePlan and ESPN3.
The third meeting between the programs will serve as Appalachian State's home opener.
The showdown opens a two-game home-and-home series between perhaps the nation's most recognizable FCS programs. Since 2005, ASU and Montana are the nation's winningest FCS programs with 79 and 76 victories, respectively. Additionally, they have combined for five national championships (all since 1995), 10 FCS championship-game appearances and 40 postseason berths.
Montana has won the two previous meetings in the national playoffs in 2000 and 2009.
They will meet again in 2013 in Missoula, Mont.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Appalachian State's Londry-Jackson on the mend Apr 22
- Appalachian State, Georgia Southern accept Sun Belt invitations Mar 27
- Appalachian State close to accepting Sun Belt invite? Mar 25
- Montana reinstates Johnson to football team Mar 5
- Montana coach believes acquitted Johnson wants to play again Mar 4
- Appalachian State sets 12-game schedule under Satterfield Feb 25
- Appalachian State names co-offensive coordinators Jan 31
- Appalachian State adds Woody, midyear signees Jan 14
- Appalachian State names Satterfield football coach Dec 14
- Report: Appalachian State to name Satterfield football coach Dec 14
- Montana will have co-offensive coordinators Dec 7
- Appalachian State search has close ties Dec 3