Panthers' Smith agrees to extensionApr 10, 2012 - 4:11 PM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has signed a three-year contract extension.
Smith earned his sixth Pro Bowl selection in 2011 after catching 79 passes for 1,394 yards with seven touchdowns. He was coming off a 46-catch season in 2010.
The Utah product, who turns 33 years old in May, has 699 receptions for 10,278 yards with 59 touchdowns in an 11-year career spent entirely with Carolina. He's recorded six 1,000-yard seasons, his best coming in 2005 with 103 catches for 1,563 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Smith is the franchise's all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards. Last season he became the 35th player in NFL history to reach 10,000 receiving yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Panthers smother Bucs, run streak to eight Sun
- Stewart in, Williams out for Panthers Sun
- Panthers RBs Williams, Stewart questionable for Sunday Nov 29
- Panthers try to prowl past Tampa Bay trap Nov 29
- Lucky 7: Panthers extend win streak on late TD Nov 24
- Panthers DE Johnson out for Sunday Nov 22
- Panthers shoot for 7th straight, visit Dolphins Nov 22
- Newton's late touchdown pass leads Panthers past Patriots Nov 19
- Tough Panthers D takes aim at Brady, Patriots Nov 18
- Hall of Famer Mike McCormack dies Nov 15
- Panthers sign Connor Nov 13
- Panthers shut down 49ers for fifth straight win Nov 11