Ravens sign McBean; Williams signs tenderMay 7, 2012 - 6:47 PM Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens have signed nose tackle Ryan McBean and also announced that cornerback Cary Williams has signed his tender offer.
McBean spent the past three seasons with Denver and was one of three Broncos suspended by the NFL in March for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances. He was hit with a six-game penalty.
In 16 games, including three starts, last season, McBean posted 33 tackles and four sacks. The Oklahoma State product played one game for Pittsburgh in 2007 before joining the Broncos and has 77 tackles in 47 games.
Williams had hip surgery for a torn labrum in February and on Monday inked a one-year tender worth $1.972 million. He became a starter last year and in 16 games posted 78 tackles with two forced fumbles.
The 27-year-old Washburn product appeared in five games over two seasons with Tennessee before joining Baltimore in 2009.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ravens top Vikings in wild finish Sun
- Ravens' Dumervil inactive, Pitta to play Sun
- Ravens activate TE Pitta Sat
- Ravens DE Dumervil doubtful for Sunday Fri
- Ravens try to storm Minnesota's Cassel Fri
- Extra Points: Missing the mark on Tomlin Dec 4
- Ravens get to .500 with narrow win over Steelers Nov 29
- Tom Brady highlights AFC Players of the Week Nov 27
- Steelers and Ravens top off Turkey Day Nov 27
- Big Ben highlights AFC's Players of the Month Nov 27
- Tucker kicks four field goals as Ravens top Jets Nov 24
- Ravens DT Ngata to play Sunday; Pitta remains on IR Nov 24