Ravens sign McBean; Williams signs tenderMay 7, 2012 - 6:47 PM Owings Mills, MD (Sports Network) - The Baltimore Ravens have signed nose tackle Ryan McBean and also announced that cornerback Cary Williams has signed his tender offer.
McBean spent the past three seasons with Denver and was one of three Broncos suspended by the NFL in March for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances. He was hit with a six-game penalty.
In 16 games, including three starts, last season, McBean posted 33 tackles and four sacks. The Oklahoma State product played one game for Pittsburgh in 2007 before joining the Broncos and has 77 tackles in 47 games.
Williams had hip surgery for a torn labrum in February and on Monday inked a one-year tender worth $1.972 million. He became a starter last year and in 16 games posted 78 tackles with two forced fumbles.
The 27-year-old Washburn product appeared in five games over two seasons with Tennessee before joining Baltimore in 2009.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Extra Points: McClain needs to retire the immaturity May 17
- Rolando McClain retires from NFL May 15
- Ravens' Pitta signs free agent tender May 13
- Ravens acquire C Shipley from Colts May 9
- Steve Spagnuolo joins Ravens' staff May 3
- Ravens re-sign OT McKinnie May 2
- Baltimore Ravens 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Report: McClain arrested in Alabama Apr 22
- Ravens ink QB Hanie Apr 17
- Baltimore Ravens 2013 NFL Draft Preview Apr 16
- McClain passes physical, signs one-year deal with Ravens Apr 12
- Ravens set to add LB McClain Apr 10