Report: McBean's suspension reducedMay 8, 2012 - 3:16 PM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Defensive lineman Ryan McBean, formerly of the Denver Broncos and recently signed by the Baltimore Ravens, reportedly has had a drug suspension reduced from six to three games.
According to the Denver Post, McBean settled a lawsuit he filed against the league in exchange for a reduction of the suspension. He was one of three Broncos suspended by the NFL in March for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Linebacker D.J. Williams was also hit with a six-game ban and tight end Virgil Green was suspended four games. Williams also filed a lawsuit, while Green did not.
McBean spent the past three seasons with Denver and signed with Baltimore on Monday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ravens and Lions jockey for playoff position 2:36p
- Ravens put Stokley on IR Tue
- Ravens top Vikings in wild finish Sun
- Ravens' Dumervil inactive, Pitta to play Dec 8
- Ravens activate TE Pitta Dec 7
- Ravens DE Dumervil doubtful for Sunday Dec 6
- Ravens try to storm Minnesota's Cassel Dec 6
- Extra Points: Missing the mark on Tomlin Dec 4
- Ravens get to .500 with narrow win over Steelers Nov 29
- Tom Brady highlights AFC Players of the Week Nov 27
- Steelers and Ravens top off Turkey Day Nov 27
- Big Ben highlights AFC's Players of the Month Nov 27