Falcons release MughelliMay 8, 2012 - 3:20 PM Flowery Branch, GA (Sports Network) - The Atlanta Falcons have released fullback Ovie Mughelli, who spent most of the 2011 season on injured reserve.
Mughelli appeared in just seven games last year, suffering a right knee injury in a game against Detroit.
The 31-year-old Wake Forest product spent five years with Atlanta after playing his first four NFL seasons in Baltimore. Known for his blocking ability, he was a Pro Bowl pick in 2010.
Mughelli has carried the ball just 42 times for 120 yards with one touchdown in his career. He also has 62 receptions for 490 yards with six scores.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Falcons-Lions London game to have morning start Wed
- Bryant's boot sends Falcons past Bills in Toronto Sun
- Bills and Falcons face off in Toronto Nov 29
- Saints beat reeling Falcons; Brees eclipses Moon on passing list Nov 22
- Saints try to add to Falcons misery Nov 21
- Gonzalez questionable for Falcons-Saints tilt Nov 20
- Former Raiders LB Howard dies in crash Nov 18
- Bucs pound floundering Falcons for second straight win Nov 17
- Report: Falcons' Snelling arrested Nov 15
- Gonzalez, Douglas questionable for Falcons Nov 15
- Cellar-dwelling Bucs aim to move up vs. Falcons Nov 15
- Falcons take Weatherspoon off recallable IR Nov 13