Bengals lock up first-round pick KirkpatrickMay 18, 2012 - 4:38 PM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - The Cincinnati Bengals signed first-round draft pick Dre Kirkpatrick on Friday.
Kirkpatrick, a cornerback out of Alabama, was taken by the Bengals with the 17th overall pick in last month's draft.
The 6-foot-2, 186-pounder became a lock-down corner at Alabama, helping the Crimson Tide to a national championship in 2011.
Kirkpatrick, a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award last season as the top defensive back in the nation, recorded 30 tackles and nine pass breakups in 2011. He was a three-year starter for the Crimson Tide and had three interceptions in 2010.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Dalton, Bengals cruise past Colts Sun
- Colts aim to clinch AFC South against North-leading Bengals Fri
- Eric Decker highlights AFC Players of the Week Dec 4
- Bengals place G Boling on IR Dec 3
- Bengals-Steelers remains Sunday night tilt for Week 15 Dec 2
- Stout defense leads Bengals past Chargers Dec 2
- Rivers, Chargers face tough test vs. Bengals Nov 29
- Big Ben highlights AFC Players of the Week Nov 20
- Big second quarter propels Bengals past Browns Nov 17
- Maualuga, Crocker, Zeitler inactive for Bengals Nov 17
- Bengals' Maualuga doubtful for Sunday Nov 15
- Bengals try to restore order in AFC North, entertain Browns Nov 15