Big pay day coming for GronkowskiJun 8, 2012 - 6:13 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The New England Patriots and tight end Rob Gronkowski have reportedly agreed to a new contract.
According to the Boston Globe, the new deal will add six years to the remaining two on his rookie deal and has a maximum value of $55.1 million. The NFL Network reports the pact includes an $8 million signing bonus and $13 million guaranteed.
The extension could keep Gronkowski in a Patriots uniform through 2019.
Gronkowski has emerged as one of the top pass-catching tight ends in the NFL. He caught 42 passes, including 10 for touchdowns, in his rookie season of 2010, then followed it up with 90 receptions for 1,327 yards and 17 scores last year.
The 23-year-old Arizona product is coming off ankle surgery performed after the Super Bowl in February.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Report: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder probe 6:41p
- Patriots sign Tebow Jun 11
- Extra Points: New England seems like a perfect fit for Tebow Jun 11
- Report: Patriots to sign Tebow Jun 10
- Patriots release OL Green May 31
- Patriots' Gronkowski to require back surgery May 29
- Patriots claim Haslam off waivers from San Diego May 23
- Report: Pats TE Gronkowski has fourth arm surgery May 20
- Report: Pats TE Gronkowski to have fourth arm surgery May 17
- Patriots strike deals with two draft picks May 17
- Patriots ink CB Ryan May 16
- Patriots release DL Love May 15