Giants waive TE Ballard, sign DT BernardJun 11, 2012 - 9:00 PM East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - The New York Giants have waived tight end Jake Ballard, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during the fourth quarter of the team's Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots.
The Giants announced the move Monday, also re-signing defensive tackle Rocky Bernard.
Ballard, 24, had 38 catches for 604 yards and four touchdowns last season in his first real action in two years in the NFL.
After being hurt in the Super Bowl, he tried to run and cut on the sideline, hoping to get back in the game, before collapsing and grabbing his knee.
Fellow tight end Travis Beckum also went down with a torn ACL in his right knee during the game but remains on the roster.
Bernard has played the last three seasons for the Giants. The 33-year-old had 30 tackles in 16 games, including one start, last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Giants re-sign Barden Thu
- Giants' Hynoski to have knee surgery Thu
- Giants strike deals with Hankins, Moore May 10
- New York Giants 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Former kicker, broadcaster Summerall dies Apr 16
- New York Giants 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Giants bolster defensive line by signing Patterson Apr 3
- Giants keep Kevin Boothe Mar 25
- Giants re-sign backup QB Carr Mar 21
- Giants make it official with Louis Murphy Mar 19
- Giants sign TE Myers Mar 17
- Giants add Dan Connor to linebacking corps Mar 16