Browns take WR Gordon in supplemental draftJul 12, 2012 - 10:03 PM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Browns selected wide receiver Josh Gordon in the second round of the NFL Supplemental Draft Thursday.
Cleveland surrendered its second-round choice in the 2013 draft as a result of the selection.
"We are excited to add Josh Gordon to our football team," Browns head coach Pat Shurmur said. "I feel as though he possesses the skill and ability to be an outstanding player in this league. He is an excellent addition to our 2012 rookie class, and I am looking forward to working with him and our entire team in a couple of weeks."
Gordon, who was the only player taken in the draft, spent 2009-10 with Baylor, recording 43 receptions for 721 yards and seven touchdowns through 22 games.
He then transferred to the University of Utah and was forced to sit out the entire 2011 season because of the NCAA's transfer rules.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Brady, Patriots rally past Browns Sun
- Campbell in line to start for Browns Dec 6
- Patriots hope to inch closer to AFC East crown vs. banged-up Browns Dec 6
- Campbell cleared to practice for Browns Dec 5
- Browns DL Bryant out for season Dec 4
- Hanie signs with Browns, could start Sunday Dec 3
- Weeden sidelined with concussion Dec 2
- Jags beat Browns on Shorts' TD catch Dec 1
- Weeden takes another turn for Browns against Jags Nov 29
- Weeden to start Sunday for Browns Nov 27
- Steelers take down Browns for third straight win Nov 24
- Steelers and Browns meet in key AFC North matchup Nov 22