Browns take WR Gordon in supplemental draftJul 12, 2012 - 10:03 PM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Browns selected wide receiver Josh Gordon in the second round of the NFL Supplemental Draft Thursday.
Cleveland surrendered its second-round choice in the 2013 draft as a result of the selection.
"We are excited to add Josh Gordon to our football team," Browns head coach Pat Shurmur said. "I feel as though he possesses the skill and ability to be an outstanding player in this league. He is an excellent addition to our 2012 rookie class, and I am looking forward to working with him and our entire team in a couple of weeks."
Gordon, who was the only player taken in the draft, spent 2009-10 with Baylor, recording 43 receptions for 721 yards and seven touchdowns through 22 games.
He then transferred to the University of Utah and was forced to sit out the entire 2011 season because of the NCAA's transfer rules.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- NFL suspends Browns' Gordon 2 games Jun 7
- Browns hire Jim Brown as advisor May 29
- Browns sign Hoyer, Jackson May 16
- Cleveland Browns 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Dolphins deal Bess to Browns Apr 26
- Cleveland Browns 2013 Draft Preview Apr 16
- Browns add K Graham Apr 15
- Eagles send Lewis to Cleveland for Acho Apr 11
- Browns sign WR Nelson Apr 8
- 49ers acquire QB McCoy from Browns Apr 2
- Browns cut Gocong, Young Apr 2
- 49ers acquire QB McCoy from Browns Apr 1