Browns sign Richardson, WeedenJul 24, 2012 - 10:36 PM Berea, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Browns signed running back Trent Richardson and quarterback Brandon Weeden on Tuesday.
The Browns traded up in this year's draft to get Richardson with the third overall pick. Richardson totaled 3,130 career rushing yards on 540 attempts with 35 rushing touchdowns during his time at the University of Alabama (2009-11). He added 68 receptions for 730 yards and seven scores.
Richardson set Alabama single-season records for rushing yards (1,679), rushing touchdowns (21) and all-purpose yards (2,083) in 2011.
Richardson's four-year deal is worth a reported $20.5 million, including a $13.3 million signing bonus.
Weeden, the No. 22 overall pick, started the final 26 games of his 30-game career at Oklahoma State University (2008-11). He threw for 9,260 yards and 75 touchdowns, both school records.
The 28-year-old Weeden was a second-round draft choice by the New York Yankees in 2002. As a pitcher, he spent five seasons in the minor leagues before enrolling at Oklahoma State.
Weeden's four-year deal is worth a reported $8.1 million.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Brady, Patriots rally past Browns Sun
- Campbell in line to start for Browns Fri
- Patriots hope to inch closer to AFC East crown vs. banged-up Browns Fri
- Campbell cleared to practice for Browns Dec 5
- Browns DL Bryant out for season Dec 4
- Hanie signs with Browns, could start Sunday Dec 3
- Weeden sidelined with concussion Dec 2
- Jags beat Browns on Shorts' TD catch Dec 1
- Weeden takes another turn for Browns against Jags Nov 29
- Weeden to start Sunday for Browns Nov 27
- Steelers take down Browns for third straight win Nov 24
- Steelers and Browns meet in key AFC North matchup Nov 22