Pats sign veteran TE Shiancoe among roster movesJul 25, 2012 - 9:07 PM Foxboro, MA (Sports Network) - The New England Patriots made several roster moves Wednesday, signing veteran tight end Visanthe Shiancoe and defensive lineman Tim Bulman, and releasing running back Joseph Addai.
Shiancoe, who has not missed a game over his nine-year career, has spent the last five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He caught 36 balls for 409 yards and three touchdowns last year.
His most productive season came in 2009 when he recorded 56 receptions for 566 yards and 11 scores.
Over 144 career games for the Giants and Vikings, Shiancoe has 243 catches for 2,677 yards and 27 touchdowns.
Bulman had 12 tackles through 10 games for the Houston Texans last season. The six-year veteran has 57 tackles and four sacks through 49 career games with the Texans and Cardinals.
Addai, who signed with the Patriots as a free agent in May, played his entire career with the Indianapolis Colts after being selected with the 30th overall pick in the 2006 draft, recording 433 yards and a touchdown on 118 carries last season.
He has amassed 4,453 yards and 39 touchdowns in 1,095 carries during his career, while adding 1,448 yards and nine scores on 191 receptions.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Patriots hope to inch closer to AFC East crown vs. banged-up Browns Fri
- Patriots bring back WR Collie Thu
- Patriots do it again, rally past woeful Texans Dec 1
- Ridley inactive for Patriots Dec 1
- Reeling Texans hope to avoid 10th straight loss, tangle with Pats Nov 29
- Patriots sign Siliga, Williams Nov 27
- Patriots rally past Broncos Nov 25
- Talib questionable against Broncos Nov 22
- Manning vs. Brady XIV: 9-1 Broncos visit Pats Nov 22
- Newton's late touchdown pass leads Panthers past Patriots Nov 19
- Patriots activate RB Vereen Nov 18
- Tough Panthers D takes aim at Brady, Patriots Nov 18