Seahawks, Owens agree to one-year dealAug 7, 2012 - 3:17 AM Renton, WA (Sports Network) - Terrell Owens is headed back to the NFL, agreeing to a one-year contract on Monday with the Seattle Seahawks.
The 38-year-old receiver, who did not play last season after recovering from surgery on a torn left ACL, worked out for the team on Monday and apparently did more than enough to earn a job.
"God is good," Owens wrote on his Twitter account Monday night. "Thankful. Grateful. To ALL my new teammates & the "12th Man"... Let's Do This!!"
Owens hasn't played in the NFL since the 2010 season, when he caught 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns for the Cincinnati Bengals. He tore his ACL in April 2011 and was unable to land a job last fall.
Various reports indicated that Owens ran a 40-yard dash time of 4.45 seconds on Monday.
Owens did play a little football earlier this year, spending time with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. He had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight games for the Wranglers, but was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.
A former third-round pick of San Francisco back in 1996, Owens has totaled 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 TDs in 219 games with the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills and Bengals over 15 NFL seasons.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Seahawks DE Irvin suspended four games May 17
- Seahawks ink seven draft picks, including Hill May 10
- Seattle Seahawks 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Seahawks give Chancellor a contract extension Apr 22
- Seahawks re-sign K Hauschka Apr 19
- Seahawks sign CB Winfield Apr 17
- Seattle Seahawks 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Seahawks agree to terms with QB Quinn Apr 9
- Seahawks sign pair of DT's Apr 3
- Seahawks send Flynn to Oakland Apr 1
- Seahawks ink DE Bennett Mar 16
- Seahawks bring in DE Avril Mar 14