Browns RB Richardson to see Dr. James AndrewsAug 8, 2012 - 10:49 PM Berea, OH (Sports Network) - Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson will visit Dr. James Andrews on Thursday to have his left knee further evaluated.
The news comes after Richardson was held out of Tuesday's practice with a sore knee.
"Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow," Browns coach Pat Shurmur said in a release Wednesday.
According to multiple reports, Richardson's visit includes tentatively scheduled arthroscopic surgery to clean up a "loose particle of cartilage."
The Browns traded up in this year's draft to get Richardson with the third overall pick.
Richardson totaled 3,130 career rushing yards on 540 attempts with 35 rushing touchdowns during his time at the University of Alabama (2009-11). He added 68 receptions for 730 yards and seven scores.
He set Alabama single-season records for rushing yards (1,679), rushing touchdowns (21) and all-purpose yards (2,083) in 2011.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Brady, Patriots rally past Browns 4:56p
- Campbell in line to start for Browns Fri
- Patriots hope to inch closer to AFC East crown vs. banged-up Browns Fri
- Campbell cleared to practice for Browns Thu
- Browns DL Bryant out for season Wed
- Hanie signs with Browns, could start Sunday Dec 3
- Weeden sidelined with concussion Dec 2
- Jags beat Browns on Shorts' TD catch Dec 1
- Weeden takes another turn for Browns against Jags Nov 29
- Weeden to start Sunday for Browns Nov 27
- Steelers take down Browns for third straight win Nov 24
- Steelers and Browns meet in key AFC North matchup Nov 22