Browns RB Richardson to see Dr. James AndrewsAug 8, 2012 - 10:49 PM Berea, OH (Sports Network) - Cleveland Browns running back Trent Richardson will visit Dr. James Andrews on Thursday to have his left knee further evaluated.
The news comes after Richardson was held out of Tuesday's practice with a sore knee.
"Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews tomorrow," Browns coach Pat Shurmur said in a release Wednesday.
According to multiple reports, Richardson's visit includes tentatively scheduled arthroscopic surgery to clean up a "loose particle of cartilage."
The Browns traded up in this year's draft to get Richardson with the third overall pick.
Richardson totaled 3,130 career rushing yards on 540 attempts with 35 rushing touchdowns during his time at the University of Alabama (2009-11). He added 68 receptions for 730 yards and seven scores.
He set Alabama single-season records for rushing yards (1,679), rushing touchdowns (21) and all-purpose yards (2,083) in 2011.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Browns sign Hoyer, Jackson Thu
- Cleveland Browns 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Dolphins deal Bess to Browns Apr 26
- Cleveland Browns 2013 Draft Preview Apr 16
- Browns add K Graham Apr 15
- Eagles send Lewis to Cleveland for Acho Apr 11
- Browns sign WR Nelson Apr 8
- 49ers acquire QB McCoy from Browns Apr 2
- Browns cut Gocong, Young Apr 2
- 49ers acquire QB McCoy from Browns Apr 1
- Cleveland signs QB Campbell Mar 26
- Browns ink Barnes Mar 25