Eagles' Vick hurts thumb in preseason gameAug 10, 2012 - 3:45 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick hurt his left thumb during Thursday's 24-23 preseason win against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Vick banged his thumb off the helmet of Eagles center Jason Kelce following an incomplete pass in the second quarter. Vick said he heard something pop when he hit his thumb
"I didn't know if it was from my finger or from just the collision," Vick said following the game. "I lost feeling in it for a second. Once I got to the sideline, after about 30 minutes, I started to get feeling back in my finger."
The Virginia Tech product was seen on the sideline with his thumb in a cup of ice. X-rays taken at halftime came back negative.
"I was just hoping that it wasn't anything severe," Vick said. "I was just praying that the season didn't get off to a horrible start. I'm thankful that I got my feeling back. It swelled up a bit, but it feels better now."
In 13 games last season, Vick threw for 3,303 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
"I was gripping the ball on the sideline and was pleased to see that," Vick said. "I should be able to get back to practice on Saturday."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Extra Points: No lazy days for veterans on the bubble Tue
- Eagles sign RB Felix Jones May 14
- Extra Points: Kelly changes the Eagles May 13
- Eagles get five draft picks under contract May 9
- Extra Points: Undrafted drama in Philly May 1
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Extra Points: Barkley arrives in Philly with 'Chip' on his shoulder Apr 27
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Eagles send Lewis to Cleveland for Acho Apr 11
- Eagles acquire DE Geathers from Colts Mar 28
- Eagles boot McBriar, sign Jones Mar 25
- Eagles acquire WR Benn from Bucs Mar 15