Eagles' Vick hurts thumb in preseason gameAug 10, 2012 - 3:45 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick hurt his left thumb during Thursday's 24-23 preseason win against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Vick banged his thumb off the helmet of Eagles center Jason Kelce following an incomplete pass in the second quarter. Vick said he heard something pop when he hit his thumb
"I didn't know if it was from my finger or from just the collision," Vick said following the game. "I lost feeling in it for a second. Once I got to the sideline, after about 30 minutes, I started to get feeling back in my finger."
The Virginia Tech product was seen on the sideline with his thumb in a cup of ice. X-rays taken at halftime came back negative.
"I was just hoping that it wasn't anything severe," Vick said. "I was just praying that the season didn't get off to a horrible start. I'm thankful that I got my feeling back. It swelled up a bit, but it feels better now."
In 13 games last season, Vick threw for 3,303 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
"I was gripping the ball on the sideline and was pleased to see that," Vick said. "I should be able to get back to practice on Saturday."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Odd Man Rush: Snow gives way to Shady in Philadelphia Sun
- Eagles weather storm, down Lions Sun
- Lions try to figure out Foles, Eagles Fri
- Extra Points: Arians can't solve 'college' offense Dec 2
- Foles throws 3 TDs in Eagles' win over Cardinals Dec 1
- Eagles' Wolff ruled out for Sunday Nov 29
- Streaking Cardinals hope to slow down Foles, Eagles Nov 29
- Kelly names Foles Eagles' starter Nov 26
- Eagles' Kelly judges quarterbacks by wins and picks Nov 18
- Extra Points: Eagles take unconventional route to first place Nov 17
- Eagles fend off Redskins to snap home skid Nov 17
- Kendricks, Fletcher, Vick inactive for Eagles Nov 17