Report: Chad Johnson arrested for domestic violenceAug 12, 2012 - 4:57 AM (Sports Network) - Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday night on a domestic violence charge, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
According to the report, which cites Davie Police Department captain Dale Engle, Johnson allegedly head-butted his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, during an argument in a vehicle.
Lozada had lacerations on her forehead when police arrived at the scene. She was later transported to Westside Regional Hospital.
Johnson and his wife returned home after going to a restaurant for dinner. The argument started when Lozada found a receipt for condoms in the car.
"We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering all of the relevant information," the Dolphins said in a statement.
Johnson remained in jail as of late Saturday night and won't be eligible for release until a bail hearing is set, which could be as late as Monday.
This is the first time Johnson has been arrested during his 12-year NFL career. But according to the paper, he was arrested in college for a domestic dispute.
Johnson signed with Dolphins this offseason after spending last season with the New England Patriots.
The 34-year-old Johnson played his first 10 seasons for the Cincinnati Bengals and has 766 career catches for 11,059 yards and 67 touchdowns.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Dolphins WR Chad Johnson released from jail Mon
- Dolphins sign third-round pick Fri
- Dolphins claim FB Rodriguez from Bears Jun 11
- Dolphins sign rookie CB Davis Jun 10
- Dolphins sign CB Taylor May 30
- Former Dolphins WR Chad Johnson spends time in jail May 20
- Dolphins sign OT Clabo May 5
- Former Chargers K Kaeding retires May 2
- Miami Dolphins 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Dolphins deal Bess to Browns Apr 26
- Miami Dolphins 2013 Draft Preview Apr 16
- Dolphins land CB Grimes Mar 30