NFL Preseason Game CapsulesAug 12, 2012 - 9:01 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Andrew Luck threw for 188 yards and two touchdowns in his debut and the Indianapolis Colts stomped the St. Louis Rams, 38-3, in the preseason opener for both teams at Lucas Oil Stadium. The first overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Luck was immediately named the starter after the Colts cut ties with long-time quarterback Peyton Manning in the offseason, and he played like one in his first game under center in the NFL. Luck's first play from scrimmage resulted in a 63-yard touchdown when he connected with Donald Brown on a play-action screen pass and later he found Austin Collie in the end zone for a 23-yard score. Luck completed 10-of-16 passes and narrowly missed a third touchdown when he hooked up with Quan Cosby on a 34-yard pass, but Cosby was tackled at the one- yard line. Sam Bradford threw for 57 yards on 7-of-9 passing in his first game under the Rams' new head coach, Jeff Fisher. St. Louis named Fisher head coach in the offseason after firing Steve Spagnuolo, who coached the Rams to a disappointing 2-14 record in 2011. Rookie Isaiah Pead led St. Louis in rushing with 33 yards. Steven Jackson had four rushes for 17 yards in limited action.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Chargers puncture Broncos' air of invincibility 11:41p
- NFL Inactives - Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:09p
- Trestman names Cutler starter against Browns 2:41p
- Manning, Rivers set for Mile High shootout as Broncos face Chargers 10:08a
- Broncos' Welker ruled out for Thursday vs. Chargers Wed
- Seahawks sign Perrish Cox again Wed
- Chargers' Royal questionable vs. Broncos Wed
- Extra Points: Are the Titans ready to reboot? Wed
- Griffin benched, Cousins to start for Redskins Wed
- Trestman 'optimistic' Cutler will start against Browns Wed
- McCown headlines NFC's best for Week 14 Wed
- Dalton, Hali, Prater selected as AFC's top players Wed