Packers sign veteran RB BensonAug 12, 2012 - 9:14 PM Green Bay, WI (Sports Network) - The Green Bay Packers signed running back Cedric Benson on Sunday.
Benson spent the last four years with the Cincinnati Bengals, rushing for 1,067 yards and six touchdowns on 273 carries in 15 games last season.
He has rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of the last three seasons.
The fourth overall pick by the Chicago Bears in the 2004 draft, Benson has rushed for 5,769 yards and 31 scores on 1,529 carries over 91 career games -- 66 starts -- for the Bears (2005-07) and Bengals (2008-11).
He has also caught 106 passes for 736 yards and a touchdown.
In another roster move Sunday, Green Bay placed undrafted rookie tight end Eric Lair on injured reserve with a knee injury suffered in training camp.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Extra Points: Woodson coming to terms on football future May 10
- CB Al Harris retires as a member of Packers May 1
- Green Bay Packers 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Packers give QB Rodgers extension Apr 26
- Packers release Saine, Smith Apr 24
- Packers, Matthews agree to extension Apr 17
- Green Bay Packers 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Packers sign TE Mulligan Apr 9
- Packers re-sign LB Jones Mar 21
- Packers re-sign LB Francois Mar 16
- Packers release Saturday Feb 18
- Extra Points: Moving on from Woodson was right move for Packers Feb 18