Saints LBs Lofton, Hawthorne out with injuriesAug 20, 2012 - 8:13 PM Metairie, LA (Sports Network) - New Orleans Saints linebackers Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are both battling injuries that will likely keep them out for the remainder of the preseason.
Lofton has a high ankle sprain and Hawthorne will need surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee, according to interim head coach Joe Vitt.
The Saints expect Lofton to be back for the team's regular-season opener against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 9. On the other hand, Hawthorne will miss a few weeks of action.
Vitt also announced Monday that the team has waived/injured offensive lineman Fenuki Tupou and placed linebacker Chris Chamberlain on injured reserve.
In addition, New Orleans signed wide receiver Greg Camarillo. He has 142 career catches for 1,686 yards and five touchdowns over 75 games with the Chargers, Dolphins and Vikings.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Saints, Chargers star Muncie dies May 14
- Saints sign Jenkins, all draft picks now under contract May 10
- Saints ink four draft picks May 9
- New Orleans Saints 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Jets acquire Ivory from Saints Apr 26
- Saints re-sign RB Ivory Apr 19
- Saints add Seneca Wallace Apr 15
- New Orleans Saints 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Saints sign former first-round pick Smith Apr 11
- Saints add S Leonhard Apr 8
- Saints sign Coleman, McCown Apr 1
- Saints sign LB Butler Mar 28