Eagles QB Vick leaves preseason gameAug 21, 2012 - 3:50 AM Foxboro, MA (Sports Network) - Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick left Monday's preseason game against the New England Patriots after taking a hard hit to the ribs in the first quarter.
While trying to elude pressure in the pocket, Vick backpedaled before firing the ball down the field. Linebacker Jermaine Cunningham, rushing off the left edge, put a big hit on Vick just as he released the ball.
Vick was taken back to the locker room for x-rays, which came back negative. He'll have a CT scan and MRI Tuesday. He was replaced by Nick Foles.
"We chose not to bring him back in. He was sore," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.
The injury comes a week after Vick hurt his left thumb during the Eagles' first preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
In 13 games last season, Vick threw for 3,303 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
In addition, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie left with a shoulder injury.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lions try to figure out Foles, Eagles 9:16a
- Extra Points: Arians can't solve 'college' offense Mon
- Foles throws 3 TDs in Eagles' win over Cardinals Dec 1
- Eagles' Wolff ruled out for Sunday Nov 29
- Streaking Cardinals hope to slow down Foles, Eagles Nov 29
- Kelly names Foles Eagles' starter Nov 26
- Eagles' Kelly judges quarterbacks by wins and picks Nov 18
- Extra Points: Eagles take unconventional route to first place Nov 17
- Eagles fend off Redskins to snap home skid Nov 17
- Kendricks, Fletcher, Vick inactive for Eagles Nov 17
- Eagles' Wolff out, Vick upgraded to questionable Nov 15
- Eagles hope to halt long Linc losing streak, sweep 'Skins Nov 15