Eagles QB Vick leaves preseason gameAug 21, 2012 - 3:50 AM Foxboro, MA (Sports Network) - Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick left Monday's preseason game against the New England Patriots after taking a hard hit to the ribs in the first quarter.
While trying to elude pressure in the pocket, Vick backpedaled before firing the ball down the field. Linebacker Jermaine Cunningham, rushing off the left edge, put a big hit on Vick just as he released the ball.
Vick was taken back to the locker room for x-rays, which came back negative. He'll have a CT scan and MRI Tuesday. He was replaced by Nick Foles.
"We chose not to bring him back in. He was sore," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.
The injury comes a week after Vick hurt his left thumb during the Eagles' first preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
In 13 games last season, Vick threw for 3,303 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
In addition, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie left with a shoulder injury.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eagles sign RB Felix Jones Tue
- Extra Points: Kelly changes the Eagles May 13
- Eagles get five draft picks under contract May 9
- Extra Points: Undrafted drama in Philly May 1
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Extra Points: Barkley arrives in Philly with 'Chip' on his shoulder Apr 27
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Eagles send Lewis to Cleveland for Acho Apr 11
- Eagles acquire DE Geathers from Colts Mar 28
- Eagles boot McBriar, sign Jones Mar 25
- Eagles acquire WR Benn from Bucs Mar 15
- Eagles move training camp from Lehigh Mar 15