Eagles' Vick diagnosed with rib contusionAug 21, 2012 - 9:33 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Eagles got good news regarding quarterback Michael Vick on Tuesday.
An MRI and CT scan on Vick's ribs showed no broken bones and no fractured cartilage. The injury is simply a contusion of the ribs and the soft tissue area surrounding it.
Vick left Monday's preseason game against the New England Patriots after taking a hard hit to the ribs in the first quarter.
While trying to elude pressure in the pocket, Vick backpedaled before firing the ball down the field. Linebacker Jermaine Cunningham, rushing off the left edge, put a big hit on Vick just as he released the ball.
Vick was taken back to the locker room for X-rays, which came back negative.
Rookie Nick Foles will start Friday's preseason game against the Cleveland Browns if Vick can't play.
In 13 games last season, Vick threw for 3,303 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Extra Points: No lazy days for veterans on the bubble Tue
- Eagles sign RB Felix Jones May 14
- Extra Points: Kelly changes the Eagles May 13
- Eagles get five draft picks under contract May 9
- Extra Points: Undrafted drama in Philly May 1
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Extra Points: Barkley arrives in Philly with 'Chip' on his shoulder Apr 27
- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Draft Preview Apr 15
- Eagles send Lewis to Cleveland for Acho Apr 11
- Eagles acquire DE Geathers from Colts Mar 28
- Eagles boot McBriar, sign Jones Mar 25
- Eagles acquire WR Benn from Bucs Mar 15