NFL Game CapsulesSep 6, 2012 - 4:19 AM East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - Tony Romo threw for 307 yards and three touchdowns as the Dallas Cowboys downed the New York Giants, 24-17, in the opening game of the 2012 NFL season. Romo completed 22-of-29 passes with an interception for the Cowboys, who finished last season with an 8-8 record and missed the playoffs after falling to the Giants in Week 17. Kevin Ogletree recorded the first two touchdowns of his career while catching eight balls for 114 yards in the win. DeMarco Murray added 131 yards on 20 carries for Dallas (1-0). Jason Witten, who suffered a lacerated spleen in the preseason, was cleared by doctors before the game, finishing with two receptions for 10 yards. Eli Manning went 21-for-32 through the air for 213 yards and a score for New York, which won its final six games last season to become the first 9-7 team in NFL history to win the Super Bowl. Ahmad Bradshaw carried the ball 17 times for 78 yards and a touchdown, while Victor Cruz paced all Giants (0-1) receivers with six catches for 58 yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Former Bears OT Evey passes away Fri
- Redskins ink third-round pick Reed Fri
- Seahawks' McCoy has surgery for torn Achilles Fri
- Bengals sign third-round pick Williams Fri
- Texans ink third-round pick Montgomery Fri
- Bears to retire Ditka's number Fri
- 49ers sign Carradine, McDonald Thu
- Ravens sign second-round pick Brown Thu
- Cardinals sign third-round pick Mathieu Thu
- RG3's goal is to 'be ready for training camp' Thu
- Giants re-sign Barden Thu
- Bucs sign second-round pick Banks Thu