Henrique, Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins named Calder finalistsApr 23, 2012 - 3:47 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - New Jersey's Adam Henrique, Gabriel Landeskog of Colorado and Edmonton's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins have been named the finalists for the Calder Trophy as the NHL's top rookie.
Henrique finished first among all rookies with 35 assists and was third in points with 51. Among his 16 goals, four were scored shorthanded to tie for the league lead among rookies.
Landeskog's 52 points tied for the most among first-year players. He played all 82 games for the Avalanche and finished with 22 goals and 30 assists, becoming the only rookie among the top three in goals, assists and points.
Nugent-Hopkins, the first overall pick of the 2011 draft, matched Landeskog's total of 52 points, but his came in just 62 games because of a shoulder injury. He netted 18 goals and added 34 assists.
The winner will be announced during the NHL Awards program on June 20 in Las Vegas.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Skinner leads NHL's 'Three Stars' 1:59p
- Santorelli scores twice as Canucks clip Avalanche Mon
- Streaking Canucks host showdown vs. Avs Sun
- Flames clip Oilers in overtime Sun
- Oilers try to stay hot in home test vs. rival Flames Sat
- Avalanche top Flames Sat
- Flames aim to stay hot in home test vs. Avs Fri
- Hall's hat trick powers Oilers to 8-2 win over Avalanche Fri
- Rested Avs begin road trip against Oilers Thu
- Coyotes crush Oilers Dec 4
- Coyotes hit the road to battle improving Oilers Dec 3
- Varlamov returns to court in assault case Dec 2