Henrique, Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins named Calder finalistsApr 23, 2012 - 3:47 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - New Jersey's Adam Henrique, Gabriel Landeskog of Colorado and Edmonton's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins have been named the finalists for the Calder Trophy as the NHL's top rookie.
Henrique finished first among all rookies with 35 assists and was third in points with 51. Among his 16 goals, four were scored shorthanded to tie for the league lead among rookies.
Landeskog's 52 points tied for the most among first-year players. He played all 82 games for the Avalanche and finished with 22 goals and 30 assists, becoming the only rookie among the top three in goals, assists and points.
Nugent-Hopkins, the first overall pick of the 2011 draft, matched Landeskog's total of 52 points, but his came in just 62 games because of a shoulder injury. He netted 18 goals and added 34 assists.
The winner will be announced during the NHL Awards program on June 20 in Las Vegas.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Andy Sutton retires from NHL 11:09a
- Report: Patrick Roy to be next Avalanche head coach Tue
- Edmonton City Council approves new arena funding May 15
- Avs name Sakic VP of hockey operations May 10
- Avalanche win top pick in 2013 NHL Draft Apr 29
- Two Red Wings highlight NHL's 'Three Stars' Apr 29
- Oilers' Yakupov named top rookie for April Apr 29
- Avs fire coach Sacco after last-place finish in West Apr 28
- Yakupov's hat trick lifts Oilers over Canucks Apr 28
- Wild beat Avs, gain final playoff spot in West Apr 27
- Canucks visit Oilers for final playoff tune-up Apr 27
- Wild get another chance to clinch playoff spot in Colorado Apr 27