Habs snag Dudley for assistant GM, extend CarriereMay 25, 2012 - 4:26 PM Montreal, QC (Sports Network) - The Montreal Canadiens named former Thrashers general manager Rick Dudley one of the club's assistant general managers on Friday, and also extended assistant GM Larry Carriere's contract.
"Rick Dudley is a very knowledgeable and proficient hockey executive and we are pleased to welcome him in our organization in the position of assistant general manager," said Montreal general manager Marc Bergevin. "Rick has been actively involved at the management level in the NHL for many years and is one of the league's most respected executives. An outstanding talent evaluator, he has extensive experience as a scout. The success he enjoyed at all levels throughout his career speaks volume of his expertise. We are thrilled to have both Rick and Larry Carriere as assistant general managers for several seasons to come."
Dudley, 63, comes to Montreal after spending last season as the director of player personnel for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Prior to that, he worked in Atlanta's front office before the team's 2011 move to Winnipeg.
The Toronto native had been an assistant GM with the Chicago Blackhawks from 2006-09, general manager for the Florida Panthers from 2002-04 and was in the same role with the Tampa Bay Lightning from 1999-2002.
Dudley spent seven seasons in the NHL with Buffalo and Winnipeg, and four years in the WHA with Cincinnati, totaling 208 goals and 451 points in 579 games.
Carriere joined the Canadiens as an assistant general manager in July of 2010, taking on the role of interim assistant coach for part of last season as well.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Canadiens ink Drewiske Jun 13
- Habs D Emelin has knee surgery May 21
- Bergevin, Murray, Shero named GM award finalists May 13
- Habs' Price suffered MCL sprain May 11
- Senators send Canadiens packing with Game 5 rout May 9
- Habs' Price to miss remainder of first-round series May 9
- Sens aim to eliminate Habs in Game 5 May 9
- Habs' Gionta to miss rest of playoffs May 8
- Senators push Canadiens to the brink with Game 4 OT victory May 8
- Habs G Price leaves game May 7
- Top Shelf: Habs-Sens becoming rivals in a hurry May 7
- Gionta, White to miss Game 4 May 7