Preds ship G Lindback to LightningJun 15, 2012 - 8:50 PM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - The Nashville Predators made a surprise move with a week left before the draft, shipping backup goaltender Anders Lindback to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday.
Nashville also sent forward Kyle Wilson and a seventh-round pick in 2012 to the Bolts for goaltender Sebastien Caron, two second-round picks in this year's draft as well as a third-round selection in 2013.
Lindback, 24, served as Pekka Rinne's backup in Nashville over the last two seasons, going 16-13-2 with a 2.53 goals against average and .914 save percentage in 38 total games.
Caron returned to the NHL after a four-year absence, picking up a win and a loss in three games for Tampa. Over parts of five seasons with four clubs, the Quebec native has appeared in 95 games, going 26-48-12 with a 3.44 GAA and an .892 save percentage.
Wilson did not score in five games in Nashville last season. In 39 career games with Washington, Columbus and Nashville, he has four goals and nine assists.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kane, Moulson, St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists Thu
- Predators' Rinne out 4 months after hip surgery May 9
- Crosby, Ovechkin, St. Louis named Lindsay finalists May 9
- Predators give Hornqvist five-year deal Apr 30
- Panthers defeat Lightning to finish season Apr 28
- Columbus finishes season strongly, tops Nashville Apr 27
- Blue Jackets host Preds in big game at Nationwide Arena Apr 27
- Panthers, Lightning close disappointing seasons in Tampa Apr 27
- Rask shines as Bruins blank Lightning Apr 26
- Red Wings pick up big win over Predators Apr 26
- Red Wings shoot for another big win against Preds Apr 25
- Seeking to rebound, Bruins play host to Lightning Apr 25