Ducks announce affiliation agreement with NorfolkJun 21, 2012 - 9:52 PM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - The Anaheim Ducks have signed a multi-year affiliation agreement with the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League beginning in the 2012-13 season.
The Ducks were most recently affiliated with the Syracuse Crunch from 2010-12.
"We are excited to be affiliating with the Admirals in a great hockey market such as Norfolk, Virginia," said Ducks executive vice president/general manager Bob Murray. "We look forward to working with the Norfolk organization and continuing the winning tradition the team has created at Norfolk Scope Arena. We would also like to thank the Syracuse Crunch and its fans for their support over the last two seasons."
The Admirals were affiliated with the Chicago Blackhawks from 2000-07 and the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2007-12. They won their first Calder Cup championship in 2012.
"We are excited to have the Ducks as our partner and look for a terrific long- term relationship," said Admirals president Ken Young. "The Ducks have the nucleus of an excellent club in Anaheim and have a great system of prospects that we will see develop in Norfolk. We look forward to continued top-level hockey in Hampton Roads as Anaheim's top affiliate."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ducks chase Halak early, down Blues Sun
- Ducks, Blues collide in St. Louis Sat
- Ducks top Blackhawks in shootout Sat
- Blackhawks try to get back on track vs. Ducks Fri
- Kings edge Ducks in lengthy shootout Wed
- Ducks host Pacific showdown with rival Kings Dec 3
- Pavelski lifts Sharks past Ducks in SO Dec 1
- Ducks, Sharks battle for top spot in Pacific Division Nov 30
- Penner, Ducks take down Flames Nov 29
- Ducks try to move past collapse vs. Flames Nov 29
- Ducks, Bonino agree to 3-year extension Nov 28
- Stars shoot past Ducks with strong third period Nov 27