Ducks announce affiliation agreement with NorfolkJun 21, 2012 - 9:52 PM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - The Anaheim Ducks have signed a multi-year affiliation agreement with the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League beginning in the 2012-13 season.
The Ducks were most recently affiliated with the Syracuse Crunch from 2010-12.
"We are excited to be affiliating with the Admirals in a great hockey market such as Norfolk, Virginia," said Ducks executive vice president/general manager Bob Murray. "We look forward to working with the Norfolk organization and continuing the winning tradition the team has created at Norfolk Scope Arena. We would also like to thank the Syracuse Crunch and its fans for their support over the last two seasons."
The Admirals were affiliated with the Chicago Blackhawks from 2000-07 and the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2007-12. They won their first Calder Cup championship in 2012.
"We are excited to have the Ducks as our partner and look for a terrific long- term relationship," said Admirals president Ken Young. "The Ducks have the nucleus of an excellent club in Anaheim and have a great system of prospects that we will see develop in Norfolk. We look forward to continued top-level hockey in Hampton Roads as Anaheim's top affiliate."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ducks' Beauchemin has knee surgery Mon
- Boudreau, MacLean, Quenneville named finalists for Adams Award May 17
- Anaheim D Beauchemin headed for knee surgery May 14
- Bergevin, Murray, Shero named GM award finalists May 13
- Red Wings down Ducks in Game 7 May 13
- Ducks, Red Wings clash in Game 7 May 12
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 12
- Wings down Ducks in OT; Game 7 on Sunday May 11
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 10
- Ducks grab series lead with OT win May 9
- Ducks host Red Wings in key Game 5 battle May 8
- Red Wings even series with Ducks on Brunner's OT winner May 7