Report: Bruins sign G Rask to one-year dealJun 29, 2012 - 12:22 AM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Bruins have reportedly signed goaltender Tuukka Rask to a one-year, $3.5 million extension.
The Boston Globe reported Thursday that the 25-year-old netminder will officially sign the contract on Sunday, July 1 when the 2012 NHL free agency period officially begins.
Rask went 11-8-3 in 23 games last season with a .929 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average as a backup to Tim Thomas, who announced his plans to sit out next season via his Facebook page earlier this month.
Over five NHL seasons, Rask holds a 47-35-11 record with a .926 save percentage and a 2.20 GAA in 102 games, all with the Bruins.
Center Chris Kelly, who tallied 20 goals and 19 assists in 82 games for Boston last season, will sign his four-year, $12 million deal on Sunday as well.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Marchand lifts Bruins past Rangers in OT Fri
- Bruins host Rangers in Game 1 of East semis Thu
- Stanley Cup Playoff Preview - Boston vs. NY Rangers Wed
- Bergeron, Datsyuk, Toews selected as Selke finalists Wed
- Top Shelf: Boston comeback shakes up Round 2 matchups Tue
- Crosby, Harding, McQuaid named Masterton finalists Tue
- Bruins rally to advance past Maple Leafs Mon
- Leafs try to complete comeback in Game 7 against Bruins Mon
- Maple Leafs edge Bruins to force Game 7 May 13
- Leafs hope to stay alive in Game 6 vs. Bruins May 12
- Leafs trim Bruins in Game 5 May 10
- Bruins hope to knock out Leafs May 10