Blues keep NicholJun 29, 2012 - 2:04 AM St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Blues re-signed forward Scott Nichol to a one-year contract on Thursday.
Nichol, 37, appeared in 80 games for the Blues last season, posting three goals and five assists to go with 83 penalty minutes. He also led the club with a 57.6 percent faceoff winning percentage.
"We are pleased to have Scott back in the fold for next year," Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said. "His work ethic and professionalism are second- to-none and he serves as an excellent role model for our young ones."
The 5-foot-9, 180-pound forward is a veteran of 12 NHL seasons, amassing 126 points and 891 penalty minutes in 632 career regular season games. He has also recorded three points and 76 PIMs in 49 playoff contests.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Blues escape Winnipeg with one-goal victory 11:44p
- Blues aim to get back on track in Winnipeg Tue
- Ducks chase Halak early, down Blues Sun
- Ducks, Blues collide in St. Louis Sat
- Blues beat up on hapless Islanders Dec 6
- Blues hope to avoid 3rd straight setback in meeting with Isles Dec 5
- Toffoli, Kings top Blues Dec 3
- Kings, Blues meet for first time since playoffs Dec 2
- Burns tallies hat trick as Sharks down Blues Nov 30
- Blues visit Sharks for battle of top Western clubs Nov 29
- Steen hits 20-goal mark as Blues sidestep Avalanche Nov 28
- Avs shoot for payback against visiting Blues Nov 27