Blues keep NicholJun 29, 2012 - 2:04 AM St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Blues re-signed forward Scott Nichol to a one-year contract on Thursday.
Nichol, 37, appeared in 80 games for the Blues last season, posting three goals and five assists to go with 83 penalty minutes. He also led the club with a 57.6 percent faceoff winning percentage.
"We are pleased to have Scott back in the fold for next year," Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said. "His work ethic and professionalism are second- to-none and he serves as an excellent role model for our young ones."
The 5-foot-9, 180-pound forward is a veteran of 12 NHL seasons, amassing 126 points and 891 penalty minutes in 632 career regular season games. He has also recorded three points and 76 PIMs in 49 playoff contests.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kings advance with fourth straight win over Blues May 11
- Kings aim to eliminate Blues in Game 6 May 10
- Kings edge Blues in OT to take 3-2 series lead May 9
- Kings, Blues meet in St. Louis for pivotal Game 5 May 8
- Kings edge Blues in Game 4 to even series May 7
- Kings aim to even series in Game 4 vs. Blues May 6
- Quick, Kings blank Blues May 5
- Kings return home down 2-0 to Blues May 4
- Jack-ed up Blues beat Kings, lead series 2-0 May 3
- Blues shoot for 2-0 lead against Kings May 2
- Steen, Blues edge Kings in OT May 1
- Blues' Oshie returns for playoffs Apr 30