Mason returns to PredatorsJul 2, 2012 - 12:06 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - The Nashville Predators signed goaltender Chris Mason on Sunday.
No terms were disclosed, but multiple reports state the contract is worth $1.25 million plus bonuses for one year.
"Today, we signed our backup goalie, a name familiar to all of you -- Chris Mason," said Predators general manager David Poile during a late afternoon press conference. "Obviously, we're very familiar and comfortable with him. in this scenario with Pekka signed long term, we've got the perfect person, the perfect character. Chris is all about team, it always comes first, and his work ethic is second-to-none."
Mason went 8-7-1 with a 2.59 goals-against average, .898 save percentage and two shutouts in 20 games last season for the Winnipeg Jets as a backup to Ondrej Pavelec.
A former fifth-round pick of the Devils in 1995, Mason played for the Preds for parts of six seasons from 1998-2008.
The 36-year-old Alberta native has gone 136-106-30 with one tie in 306 games (268 starts) for Nashville, St. Louis and Atlanta/Winnipeg.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Skinner's trifecta leads Hurricanes past Predators 11:04p
- Preds aim to snap skid in home matchup with 'Canes 10:53a
- Canucks finish off road trip with win over Nashville Wed
- Preds' Mazanec named top rookie for November Tue
- Canucks aim to cap swing with a win in Nashville Tue
- Lecavalier, Mason lift Flyers over Preds in SO Sun
- Preds place Forsberg on IR, Weber and Klein out vs. Flyers Nov 30
- Preds try to bounce back versus Flyers Nov 30
- Oilers blank Predators Nov 29
- Bryz, Oilers visit surging Predators Nov 28
- Preds' Mazanec blanks Blue Jackets Nov 27
- Blue Jackets aim to have momentum on their side vs. Preds Nov 27