Ducks sign D SourayJul 2, 2012 - 12:15 AM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - The Anaheim Ducks signed defenseman Sheldon Souray to a three-year contract on Sunday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Souray, who will turn 36 on July 13, returned to the NHL with the Dallas Stars last season after spending a year with the Hershey Bears of the AHL.
The 6-foot-4-inch, 237-pound defenseman scored six goals and had 21 points for the Stars last season, and was a plus-11.
An 11-year NHL veteran, Souray has played with New Jersey, Montreal, Edmonton and Dallas. In 714 career games, Souray has netted 102 goals, including 49 on the power play, and has 283 points, despite a minus-41 rating.
Following 2006-07, when he put up 26 goals and 64 points with the Montreal Canadiens, Souray signed a five-year, $27 million deal. The Oilers decided to buy Souray out of the final year of the contract and the defenseman played last season with the Stars.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Perry, Ducks down Wild 1:43a
- Wild try to deal Ducks first home regulation loss Wed
- Ducks top struggling Islanders Tue
- Isles try to halt free fall in Anaheim Mon
- Ducks chase Halak early, down Blues Sun
- Ducks, Blues collide in St. Louis Dec 7
- Ducks top Blackhawks in shootout Dec 7
- Blackhawks try to get back on track vs. Ducks Dec 6
- Kings edge Ducks in lengthy shootout Dec 4
- Ducks host Pacific showdown with rival Kings Dec 3
- Pavelski lifts Sharks past Ducks in SO Dec 1
- Ducks, Sharks battle for top spot in Pacific Division Nov 30