Ducks sign D SourayJul 2, 2012 - 12:15 AM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - The Anaheim Ducks signed defenseman Sheldon Souray to a three-year contract on Sunday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Souray, who will turn 36 on July 13, returned to the NHL with the Dallas Stars last season after spending a year with the Hershey Bears of the AHL.
The 6-foot-4-inch, 237-pound defenseman scored six goals and had 21 points for the Stars last season, and was a plus-11.
An 11-year NHL veteran, Souray has played with New Jersey, Montreal, Edmonton and Dallas. In 714 career games, Souray has netted 102 goals, including 49 on the power play, and has 283 points, despite a minus-41 rating.
Following 2006-07, when he put up 26 goals and 64 points with the Montreal Canadiens, Souray signed a five-year, $27 million deal. The Oilers decided to buy Souray out of the final year of the contract and the defenseman played last season with the Stars.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Boudreau, MacLean, Quenneville named finalists for Adams Award Fri
- Anaheim D Beauchemin headed for knee surgery Tue
- Bergevin, Murray, Shero named GM award finalists Mon
- Red Wings down Ducks in Game 7 May 13
- Ducks, Red Wings clash in Game 7 May 12
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 12
- Wings down Ducks in OT; Game 7 on Sunday May 11
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 10
- Ducks grab series lead with OT win May 9
- Ducks host Red Wings in key Game 5 battle May 8
- Red Wings even series with Ducks on Brunner's OT winner May 7
- Kings, Ducks set to play at Dodger Stadium in 2014 May 6