Stars acquire Roy from BuffaloJul 2, 2012 - 10:19 PM Buffalo, NY (Sports Network) - The Buffalo Sabres acquired forward Steve Ott and defenseman Adam Pardy from the Dallas Stars in exchange for forward Derek Roy.
Roy, 29, scored 17 goals and had 27 helpers in 80 games for the Sabres last season, a year removed from missing 47 games due to a torn quad tendon.
In eight seasons, all with Buffalo, the 5-foot-9, 188-pound playmaking center has 161 goals and 427 points in 549 games.
Ott, who will turn 30 before the start of the 2012-13 season, scored 11 goals and had 39 points last year. A notorious agitator, Ott has led the Stars in penalty minutes for the last five seasons. In his nine-year career, Ott has 85 goals, 220 points and 1,170 penalty minutes in 566 games.
The 28-year-old Pardy has collected four goals and 29 points in 183 games throughout his four-year career with the Flames and Stars. Last season, his first with Dallas, Pardy had three assists and was a minus-five in 36 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Maple Leafs nip Stars in OT to halt skid 12:49a
- Lundqvist and Rangers take down Sabres 10:58p
- Maple Leafs aim to snap 5-game skid vs. Stars Thu
- Lundqvist, Rangers battle struggling Sabres Thu
- Roussel sends Stars past Blackhawks Wed
- Streaking 'Hawks return home to face Stars Tue
- Stars place Rome on IR Mon
- Bryzgalov departs, but Oilers top Stars in SO Sun
- Stars aim to extend recent success over Oilers Sun
- Devils squeak by Sabres in OT Nov 30
- Kaleta's season over after ACL tear Nov 30
- Stars place D Robidas on IR Nov 30