Avs re-sign Erik JohnsonJul 3, 2012 - 3:47 PM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - The Colorado Avalanche signed defenseman Erik Johnson to a four-year contract on Tuesday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Johnson, 24, recorded four goals and 26 points in 73 games with Colorado in 2011-12, his first full season with the team.
"Since Erik's arrival in Colorado, he has provided stability, size and an offensive presence to our blue line," said Avalanche general manager Greg Sherman. "At only 24 years of age, we believe that Erik will continue to grow his game and we are thrilled to have him under contract."
The No. 1 overall pick by St. Louis in the 2006 draft, Johnson has tallied 27 goals and 127 points in 298 career games with the Blues and Avalanche.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Coyotes cap road trip with win in Denver Wed
- Coyotes cap road trip in Colorado Tue
- Santorelli scores twice as Canucks clip Avalanche Mon
- Streaking Canucks host showdown vs. Avs Sun
- Avalanche top Flames Dec 7
- Flames aim to stay hot in home test vs. Avs Dec 6
- Hall's hat trick powers Oilers to 8-2 win over Avalanche Dec 6
- Rested Avs begin road trip against Oilers Dec 5
- Varlamov returns to court in assault case Dec 2
- Avs beat Wild in shootout for home-and-home sweep Dec 1
- Avalanche try to secure home-and-home sweep of Wild Nov 30
- Landeskog, Giguere lead Avs over Wild Nov 29