Lightning nab D CarleJul 5, 2012 - 2:35 AM Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Lightning signed defenseman Matt Carle to a six-year contract on Wednesday.
TSN.ca reports the deal is worth $33 million.
Carle played 12 games with Tampa in 2008 after joining the team as a part of the return from San Jose in a trade for defenseman Dan Boyle. The Lightning shipped Carle to Philadelphia with a third-round draft choice for defenseman Steve Eminger, winger Steve Downie and a fourth-round pick.
Carle spent the last four seasons with the Philadelphia Flyers. Last season, he scored four goals and dished out 34 assists in 82 games. He was also a plus-four.
In seven seasons, the 27-year-old defenseman has recorded 32 goals, 170 assists and a plus-55 rating in 471 games with San Jose, Tampa Bay and Philadelphia. The offensively-inclined Carle has also produced 74 power play points in his career.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kane, Moulson, St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists May 16
- Crosby, Ovechkin, St. Louis named Lindsay finalists May 9
- Panthers defeat Lightning to finish season Apr 28
- Panthers, Lightning close disappointing seasons in Tampa Apr 27
- Rask shines as Bruins blank Lightning Apr 26
- Seeking to rebound, Bruins play host to Lightning Apr 25
- Lightning snap skid in win over Leafs Apr 24
- With playoff spot clinched, Leafs aim to build momentum vs. Bolts Apr 24
- Tlusty, Hurricanes dodge Lightning Apr 22
- Hurricanes, Lightning clash in Tampa Apr 21
- Canadiens edge Lightning on Gionta's late goal Apr 18
- Sliding Habs take on Lightning Apr 18