Lightning give Purcell three-year extensionJul 10, 2012 - 1:48 PM Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Lightning signed forward Teddy Purcell to a three-year contract extension on Tuesday.
In 81 games with the Lightning last season, Purcell set career highs in goals (24), assists (41) and plus-minus rating (plus-nine). His new deal is set to run through 2015-16.
The 26-year-old has registered 52 goals and 98 assists in 272 career NHL games with the Lightning and Kings. Purcell was undrafted and signed as a free agent with Los Angeles in April 2007. The Lightning acquired him in a trade with the Kings on March 3, 2010 in exchange for center Jeff Halpern and a third-round pick.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- St. Louis pots winner as Bolts outlast Wings in shootout 1:11a
- Red Wings battle injuries in road test against Bolts 11:01a
- Lightning F Panik suspended 2 games Wed
- Ovechkin's 4-goal effort helps Caps take down Bolts in SO Tue
- Caps host Lightning in clash between former division rivals Tue
- Jets edge Lightning in OT Sun
- Jets cap road trip in Tampa Dec 7
- St. Louis scores twice as Lightning beat Senators Dec 6
- Lightning host Senators aiming to get offense going Dec 5
- Foligno, Bobrovsky help Jackets dodge Bolts Dec 3
- Lightning seek to bounce back against Blue Jackets Dec 3
- Fleury, Pens blank Lightning Nov 29