Lightning give Purcell three-year extensionJul 10, 2012 - 1:48 PM Tampa, FL (Sports Network) - The Tampa Bay Lightning signed forward Teddy Purcell to a three-year contract extension on Tuesday.
In 81 games with the Lightning last season, Purcell set career highs in goals (24), assists (41) and plus-minus rating (plus-nine). His new deal is set to run through 2015-16.
The 26-year-old has registered 52 goals and 98 assists in 272 career NHL games with the Lightning and Kings. Purcell was undrafted and signed as a free agent with Los Angeles in April 2007. The Lightning acquired him in a trade with the Kings on March 3, 2010 in exchange for center Jeff Halpern and a third-round pick.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kane, Moulson, St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists May 16
- Crosby, Ovechkin, St. Louis named Lindsay finalists May 9
- Panthers defeat Lightning to finish season Apr 28
- Panthers, Lightning close disappointing seasons in Tampa Apr 27
- Rask shines as Bruins blank Lightning Apr 26
- Seeking to rebound, Bruins play host to Lightning Apr 25
- Lightning snap skid in win over Leafs Apr 24
- With playoff spot clinched, Leafs aim to build momentum vs. Bolts Apr 24
- Tlusty, Hurricanes dodge Lightning Apr 22
- Hurricanes, Lightning clash in Tampa Apr 21
- Canadiens edge Lightning on Gionta's late goal Apr 18
- Sliding Habs take on Lightning Apr 18