Caps sign F WolskiJul 11, 2012 - 8:36 PM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - The Washington Capitals signed forward Wojtek Wolski to a one-year contract on Wednesday.
Wolski, 26, posted 12 points with the New York Rangers and Florida Panthers in 2011-12. He was acquired by the Panthers from New York on February 25 in exchange for defenseman Mike Vernace and a third-round selection in the 2013 draft.
In 424 career NHL games with Florida, New York, Phoenix and Colorado, Wolski has registered 258 points and is a plus-16. He has compiled eight goals and nine assists in 29 career postseason games.
The Poland native was originally drafted 21st overall by Colorado in 2004.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ovechkin's 4-goal effort helps Caps take down Bolts in SO Tue
- Caps host Lightning in clash between former division rivals Tue
- Grubauer nabs first win as Caps beat Rangers Mon
- Caps aim to build momentum against Rangers Sun
- Fehr leads Capitals past Predators Sun
- Sliding Preds battle Caps in DC Sat
- Skinner scores twice as Hurricanes top Capitals Dec 3
- Capitals play host to rival Hurricanes Dec 3
- Islanders can't hold late lead, lose to Caps in OT Dec 1
- Islanders aim to shake off slump in home test with Capitals Nov 30
- Caps top Habs in SO Nov 29
- Streaking Habs visit sliding Caps Nov 29