Sharks sign D Vlasic to five-year extensionJul 11, 2012 - 9:02 PM San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - The San Jose Sharks signed defenseman Marc- Edouard Vlasic to a five-year contract extension on Wednesday. Terms of the deal were not announced.
In 82 games last season with the Sharks, the 6'1, 200-pound defenseman scored four goals, tallied 19 helpers and was a plus-11.
"Marc-Edouard has grown into an important part of our organization over the last six seasons," San Jose executive vice president and general manager Doug Wilson said. "He can play in all situations and has blossomed into a very trusted player on both sides of the puck. We are very happy to have him on our team for the next six seasons."
The 25-year-old Vlasic has recorded 22 goals and 133 points in six seasons, all with San Jose.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Sharks edge Kings to even series 2:06a
- Sharks shoot to even series with Kings Tue
- Sharks take Game 3, down Kings in OT Sun
- NHL fines Sharks $100,000 for Wilson comments Sat
- Havlat to make return in Game 3 Sat
- Kings aim for 3-0 lead in San Jose Sat
- Sharks GM Wilson takes issue with Torres suspension Fri
- Top Shelf: Shanny bans Torres for his past Fri
- Kings rally past Sharks May 17
- Torres banned for rest of Round 2 for hit on Kings' Stoll May 16
- Kings aim for 2-0 lead against Sharks May 16
- Kings blank Sharks to draw first blood May 15