Sharks sign D Vlasic to five-year extensionJul 11, 2012 - 9:02 PM San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - The San Jose Sharks signed defenseman Marc- Edouard Vlasic to a five-year contract extension on Wednesday. Terms of the deal were not announced.
In 82 games last season with the Sharks, the 6'1, 200-pound defenseman scored four goals, tallied 19 helpers and was a plus-11.
"Marc-Edouard has grown into an important part of our organization over the last six seasons," San Jose executive vice president and general manager Doug Wilson said. "He can play in all situations and has blossomed into a very trusted player on both sides of the puck. We are very happy to have him on our team for the next six seasons."
The 25-year-old Vlasic has recorded 22 goals and 133 points in six seasons, all with San Jose.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lindholm, Hurricanes down Sharks Sat
- Sharks aim to rebound in clash with Hurricanes Fri
- Pens whip Sharks; Crosby strong in 500th game Thu
- Streaking Sharks, Penguins do battle in Pittsburgh Thu
- Sharks stay hot with win over Leafs Wed
- Sharks take aim at 6th straight win vs. skidding Leafs Tue
- Pavelski lifts Sharks past Ducks in SO Dec 1
- Ducks, Sharks battle for top spot in Pacific Division Nov 30
- Burns tallies hat trick as Sharks down Blues Nov 30
- Blues visit Sharks for battle of top Western clubs Nov 29
- Thornton, Sharks beat Kings in shootout Nov 28
- Kings put 10-game point streak on the line in San Jose Nov 27