Ducks' Selanne returning for another seasonJul 13, 2012 - 3:41 AM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - Veteran right wing Teemu Selanne has decided to play one more season, signing a one-year contract with the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the Los Angeles Times reports he'll make $4.5 million.
"I still feel I can play at a high level," said Selanne. "As I always say, this is my happy place and I can't wait to get back on the ice in front of our great fans."
The Finn registered 26 goals and 40 assists over 82 games for the Ducks last season. Selanne became the oldest played in NHL history (41 years, 279 days at end of season) to appear in all 82 games in a single season.
Selanne is the Ducks' franchise leader in scoring, goals, assists, plus/minus, power play goals and game-winning goals.
A former Rocket Richard Trophy winner, Selanne has 663 goals and 743 assists in 1,341 career NHL games with the Ducks, Winnipeg Jets, San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche.
He ranks 12th in all-time goals, fourth in all-time power play goals (248), sixth in all-time game-winning goals (106), 19th in all-time scoring and 42nd in all-time assists.
"While I'm still amazed by his speed and skill level, it's Teemu's love for the game and his teammates that make him so special," said Ducks executive vice president/general manager Bob Murray. "Anaheim is where he belongs."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Boudreau, MacLean, Quenneville named finalists for Adams Award Fri
- Anaheim D Beauchemin headed for knee surgery Tue
- Bergevin, Murray, Shero named GM award finalists May 13
- Red Wings down Ducks in Game 7 May 13
- Ducks, Red Wings clash in Game 7 May 12
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 12
- Wings down Ducks in OT; Game 7 on Sunday May 11
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 10
- Ducks grab series lead with OT win May 9
- Ducks host Red Wings in key Game 5 battle May 8
- Red Wings even series with Ducks on Brunner's OT winner May 7
- Kings, Ducks set to play at Dodger Stadium in 2014 May 6