Report: Flyers sign Weber to 14-year, $100 million offer sheetJul 19, 2012 - 5:37 AM (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Flyers have reportedly signed defenseman Shea Weber to a 14-year, $100 million offer sheet.
TSN.ca reports that the Nashville Predators have seven days to match the offer for the restricted free agent. TSN's Darren Dreger tweeted that depending on Weber's average annual value, the Flyers may have to give up a pair of first- round picks, a second- and third-rounder too if the Predators don't match.
Weber, 26, a second-round draft pick of the Predators in 2003, has posted 99 goals and 164 assists over his first seven NHL seasons. He had 19 goals and 30 helpers in 78 contests this past season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Blackhawks play host to Emery, Flyers 10:59a
- Rangers' home slide continues with loss to Preds 11:55p
- Preds visit Rangers in battle between struggling clubs Tue
- Senators take down Flyers in shootout Tue
- Flyers place Lecavalier on IR Mon
- Flyers shoot for season sweep of Sens Mon
- Lecavalier out a month with fractured back Sun
- Fehr leads Capitals past Predators Sun
- Seguin shines as Stars slam Flyers Sat
- Sliding Preds battle Caps in DC Sat
- Flyers, Stars meet for matinee in Big D Sat
- Skinner's trifecta leads Hurricanes past Predators Dec 6