Flyers sign Weber to offer sheetJul 19, 2012 - 3:07 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Flyers have signed restricted free agent defenseman Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators to an offer sheet.
Terms were not disclosed in Philadelphia's release Thursday morning, but TSN of Canada on Wednesday night reported it to be a 14-year deal worth $100 million. The report indicated that the Flyers may have to give up a pair of first-round picks, as well as a second- and third-round selection if the Predators don't match.
Weber, 26, a second-round draft pick of the Predators in 2003, has posted 99 goals and 164 assists over his first seven NHL seasons. He had 19 goals and 30 helpers in 78 contests this past season.
The Predators already lost unrestricted free agent defenseman Ryan Suter to Minnesota in a 13-year deal this summer.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Preds aim to snap skid in home matchup with 'Canes 10:53a
- Flyers score five unanswered for rare win in Detroit 1:08a
- Streaking Red Wings try to continue home mastery of Flyers Wed
- Canucks finish off road trip with win over Nashville Wed
- Preds' Mazanec named top rookie for November Tue
- Canucks aim to cap swing with a win in Nashville Tue
- Harding, Wild blank Flyers Tue
- Wild host Flyers aiming to snap 4-game skid Mon
- Lecavalier, Mason lift Flyers over Preds in SO Sun
- Preds place Forsberg on IR, Weber and Klein out vs. Flyers Sat
- Preds try to bounce back versus Flyers Nov 30
- Flyers slip past Jets Nov 29