Rangers acquire Nash for three players, draft pickJul 23, 2012 - 9:11 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - The Rick Nash era is over in Columbus.
The Blue Jackets dealt the skilled winger -- and their most marketable asset -- to the New York Rangers on Monday in exchange for forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, defenseman Tim Erixon and a 2013 first-round draft pick.
Also heading to New York is defensive prospect Steven Delisle and a conditional third-round selection in 2013. The conditional pick will be returned to the Blue Jackets if the Rangers make the Stanley Cup Finals in the upcoming season.
"We are excited to complete this trade today, along with moves we made over the past several months to acquire Jack Johnson, Nick Foligno, Sergei Bobrovsky and Ryan Murray, have advanced the club and put us in a stronger position to achieve our goal of winning the Stanley Cup," said Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson. "We are grateful to Rick Nash for all he has given to our organization, his generosity, and we wish him all the best in the next chapter of his career."
Nash completed his ninth NHL season by recording 30 goals and 59 points with a minus-19 while playing in all 82 games for the Jackets, who finished dead last in the NHL with 65 points.
In 674 appearances for the franchise since 2002, the 28-year-old Toronto-area native has totaled 289 goals and 547 points.
That includes seven seasons of 30-or-more goals and five straight years of such (2007-12), with career-highs in goals at 41 in 2003-04 and points at 79 in 2008-09 -- the club's lone season reaching the playoffs.
Nash was also a five-time All-Star and served as team captain for the last four seasons.
Dubinsky had a subpar year for the Rangers, with 10 goals and 34 points in 77 games, only picking up a pair of assists in nine playoff tilts. In a six-year NHL career, all with New York, the Alaska native has produced 81 goals and 213 points in 393 contests.
Anisimov, 24, struck for 16 goals and 20 assists in 79 regular-season contests in 2011-12, adding 10 points (3G, 7A) in 20 postseason appearances. The Russian-born winger has tallied 46 times with 108 points in 244 games over three-plus NHL campaigns.
Erixon made his pro debut last season, recording a pair of assists in 18 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Rangers scratch Richards for Game 4 1:00p
- Bruins try to sweep Rangers in Game 4 10:48a
- Paille's late goal gives Bruins 3-0 series edge over Rangers Wed
- Rangers return home to battle Bruins in Game 3 Tue
- Bruins down Rangers, take 2-0 series lead Sun
- Rangers try to rebound in Game 2 vs. Bruins Sun
- Marchand lifts Bruins past Rangers in OT May 17
- Bruins host Rangers in Game 1 of East semis May 16
- Stanley Cup Playoff Preview - Boston vs. NY Rangers May 15
- NHL to hold two games at Yankee Stadium in 2014 May 15
- Lundqvist, Rangers blank Caps to win series May 14
- Caps host Rangers in Game 7 May 13