Isles ink first-round pick ReinhartAug 2, 2012 - 9:38 PM Uniondale, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Islanders signed their 2012 fourth-overall pick, Griffin Reinhart, to a three-year, entry-level contract on Thursday.
The 18-year-old defenseman totaled 12 goals and 36 points with a plus-23 rating in 58 regular-season games for Edmonton of the Western Hockey League last season. He added two goals and six assists in 20 postseason appearances.
In two-plus years of Canadian juniors, Reinhart racked up 18 goals and 61 points in 105 games.
The son of former NHL defenseman Paul Reinhart (Flames, Canucks from 1979-90) is a Vancouver native stands 6-foot-4, 202 pounds and is a left-handed shot.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Isles hope to start win streak in road clash with Coyotes 11:04a
- Isles down Sharks in SO Wed
- Isles aim to halt epic slide in San Jose Tue
- Ducks top struggling Islanders Tue
- Isles try to halt free fall in Anaheim Mon
- Jones' first shutout sends Kings past skidding Islanders Sun
- Skidding Isles take on Kings in LA Sat
- Blues beat up on hapless Islanders Dec 6
- Blues hope to avoid 3rd straight setback in meeting with Isles Dec 5
- Crosby's OT magic lifts Pens over Islanders Dec 4
- Islanders aim to get on track in clash with Penguins Dec 3
- Islanders can't hold late lead, lose to Caps in OT Dec 1