Kings G Quick undergoes surgeryAug 10, 2012 - 1:46 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick underwent surgery to repair a disc fragment and an inflammatory cyst that had formed.
The Kings announced that the surgery for the Conn Smythe Trophy winner was a minor surgical procedure, and that he is expected to fully recover, but it will take at least six weeks.
Quick racked up a 35-21-13 record in the regular season to go with a 1.95 GAA and a .929 save percentage with 10 shutouts. In 20 postseason games, Quick went 16-4 and led all goalies in postseason play with a 1.41 goals against average, a .946 save percentage and added three shutouts.
On June 28, the Kings came to terms on a 10-year contract extension with Quick.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Jones blanks Habs; Kings pull off rare Montreal win 11:32p
- Habs hope to extend winning streak against Kings 11:27a
- Jones' first shutout sends Kings past skidding Islanders Sun
- Skidding Isles take on Kings in LA Sat
- Kings edge Ducks in lengthy shootout Dec 4
- Ducks host Pacific showdown with rival Kings Dec 3
- Toffoli, Kings top Blues Dec 3
- Kings, Blues meet for first time since playoffs Dec 2
- Cammalleri's late tally lifts Flames over Kings Dec 1
- Kings host Flames seeking club-record point streak Nov 30
- Thornton, Sharks beat Kings in shootout Nov 28
- Kings put 10-game point streak on the line in San Jose Nov 27