Cruel twist: Devils ink MatteauAug 14, 2012 - 9:22 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - The New Jersey Devils signed first- round pick, forward Stefan Matteau, to a three-year, entry-level contract on Tuesday.
Matteau is the son of former NHLer Stephane Matteau, who scored a pair of double-overtime goals for the New York Rangers to defeat the Devils in the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals -- the latter a Game 7 winner at Madison Square Garden which helped the Blueshirts on their path to the Stanley Cup.
The younger Matteau was taken with the 29th pick back in June. An 18-year-old Chicago-born forward, he totaled 15 goals and 32 points with 166 penalty minutes in 46 games for the under-18 U.S. development program squad.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Red Wings skate past Devils 1:05a
- Devils hope to return to win column vs. Red Wings 10:54a
- Canadiens top Devils in shootout Thu
- Habs aim for home-and-home sweep of Devils Wed
- Bourque, Habs down Devils Mon
- Devils try to extend recent success in Montreal Mon
- Devils squeak by Sabres in OT Nov 30
- Sabres, Devils meet for first time this season Nov 30
- Four-goal third lifts Devils past Hurricanes Nov 29
- Hurricanes aim to sweep home-and-home set with Devils Nov 29
- Hurricanes hold off Devils Nov 27
- Devils, 'Canes begin home-and-home between new rivals Nov 27