Predators re-sign RW EllisonAug 3, 2007 - 1:10 AM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- The Nashville Predators on Thursday re-signed restricted free-agent right wing Matt Ellison to a one-year contract.
Ellison will be paid $550,000 at the NHL level and $60,000 at the minor-league level this season.
Ellison, 23, did not score in two games with the Philadelphia Flyers last season, but did amass 12 goals and 27 assists with the American Hockey League's Philadelphia Phantoms.
The 6-1, 192-pounder has three goals and 11 assists in 43 career games with the Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks.
Ellison was acquired by Nashville from Philadelphia for future considerations on June 4. He originally was drafted by the Blackhawks in the fourth round - 128th overall - of the 2002 draft.
The Predators on Thursday also announced the signing of a one-year affiliation agreement with the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.
Cincinnati will serve as a developmental affiliate for the Predators and the American Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals. It also has a similar agreement with the Montreal Canadiens.
"Playing in a city with a strong hockey history, we think our players will be able to develop as professionals and experience a winning environment under (Cincinnati coach) Chuck Weber," Nashville director of hockey operations Mike Santos said. "We are confident that those Cyclones who are called upon will contribute consistently to the success of the Milwaukee Admirals. The Predators are excited to add Cincinnati to our developmental system."
The Cyclones, who were founded as an ECHL franchise in 1990, jumped to the International Hockey League two years later before returning to the ECHL for three seasons when the IHL ceased operations in 2001. The club was inactive for two campaigns but returned to action in the ECHL in 2006-07.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Preds visit Rangers in battle between struggling clubs 11:34a
- Fehr leads Capitals past Predators Sun
- Sliding Preds battle Caps in DC Sat
- Skinner's trifecta leads Hurricanes past Predators Fri
- Preds aim to snap skid in home matchup with 'Canes Dec 5
- Canucks finish off road trip with win over Nashville Dec 4
- Preds' Mazanec named top rookie for November Dec 3
- Canucks aim to cap swing with a win in Nashville Dec 3
- Lecavalier, Mason lift Flyers over Preds in SO Dec 1
- Preds place Forsberg on IR, Weber and Klein out vs. Flyers Nov 30
- Preds try to bounce back versus Flyers Nov 30
- Oilers blank Predators Nov 29