Predators re-sign RW EllisonAug 3, 2007 - 1:10 AM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- The Nashville Predators on Thursday re-signed restricted free-agent right wing Matt Ellison to a one-year contract.
Ellison will be paid $550,000 at the NHL level and $60,000 at the minor-league level this season.
Ellison, 23, did not score in two games with the Philadelphia Flyers last season, but did amass 12 goals and 27 assists with the American Hockey League's Philadelphia Phantoms.
The 6-1, 192-pounder has three goals and 11 assists in 43 career games with the Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks.
Ellison was acquired by Nashville from Philadelphia for future considerations on June 4. He originally was drafted by the Blackhawks in the fourth round - 128th overall - of the 2002 draft.
The Predators on Thursday also announced the signing of a one-year affiliation agreement with the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.
Cincinnati will serve as a developmental affiliate for the Predators and the American Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals. It also has a similar agreement with the Montreal Canadiens.
"Playing in a city with a strong hockey history, we think our players will be able to develop as professionals and experience a winning environment under (Cincinnati coach) Chuck Weber," Nashville director of hockey operations Mike Santos said. "We are confident that those Cyclones who are called upon will contribute consistently to the success of the Milwaukee Admirals. The Predators are excited to add Cincinnati to our developmental system."
The Cyclones, who were founded as an ECHL franchise in 1990, jumped to the International Hockey League two years later before returning to the ECHL for three seasons when the IHL ceased operations in 2001. The club was inactive for two campaigns but returned to action in the ECHL in 2006-07.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Predators' Rinne out 4 months after hip surgery May 9
- Predators give Hornqvist five-year deal Apr 30
- Columbus finishes season strongly, tops Nashville Apr 27
- Blue Jackets host Preds in big game at Nationwide Arena Apr 27
- Red Wings pick up big win over Predators Apr 26
- Red Wings shoot for another big win against Preds Apr 25
- Predators edge Flames to halt skid Apr 24
- Flames aim to stay hot against Predators Apr 23
- Chicago edges Nashville in OT for seventh straight win Apr 20
- Blackhawks try to move closer to top record in clash with Preds Apr 19
- Canucks eliminate Predators from playoff contention Apr 16
- Canucks try to bounce back against punchless Preds Apr 15